Spending a cycling holiday in Mallorca is a healthy and fun way to go beyond the common activities of traditional tourist circuits and discover the places we visit in a different way, looking for a deep connection with the landscape and nature.
The factors that make Mallorca the bicycle touring mecca
The island of Mallorca is, quite simply, absolutely perfect for the practice of bicycle touring due to the confluence of a series of characteristics and factors that greatly favor its practice:
- An excellent and regular climate, without excess of cold or heat.
- More than 1,200 km. of secondary roads that allow access to each and every corner of the island.
- A varied orography that seems specially designed for cycling.
- Landscapes of a beauty and diversity out of series.
- The existence of infrastructures and services focused on the sport of cycling in Mallorca of the highest level: rental and maintenance of bicycles, specialized hotels …
- There are very few places in the world with a landscape variety such as Mallorca, which in a few kilometers allows you to both travel through an imposing mountain pass and descend to a dream cove.
Routes for cycling in Mallorca
The cycling options in Mallorca are innumerable, there are routes for all tastes, possibilities and physical form of each participant.
Faced with this wide range of possibilities, we have allowed ourselves to select 3 very different cycling routes with different levels of difficulty, so you can choose the one that suits you or the group with which you intend to embark on this experience as amazing as cycling in Mallorca is.
1- Serra Tramuntana Route
- Length: 192.09 km.
- Difficulty: Moderate
- A bicycle route through the Serra de Tramuntana will allow us to enter one of the best preserved natural areas of the Balearic Islands, with an ecological value that has led it to be declared a World Heritage Site.
- During the journey, just under 200 km, we will pass through fields with centuries-old olive groves and beautiful villages
2- Route through the Jewish quarter of Palma de Mallorca
- Length: 5 km
- Difficulty: easy
- More than a route is a short but intense bike ride through one of the most beautiful and tourist areas of Mallorca. It is a place of great cultural value with many points of interest, such as: Monti-sion street, which is the main street of the Balearic Jewish quarter, the new synagogue in Pelletería street or the mint, sita in Santa Fe street.
3- Volta to Mallorca
- Length: 486.32 km.
- Difficulty: difficult
- The most daring and experienced can be launched to go around the whole Island in a route divided into 6 or 7 stages. No doubt a great experience, but for which you need to be fit and take time practicing cycling.
If you book with Arrivo Cycling you will find a comprehensive service for cycling enthusiasts, including stations specially prepared for storing bicycles, bicycle rental services in Mallorca and organization of excursions and cycling routes.